? of the Day: What are our greatest assets for IAITAM?
Submitted by Norm Roulet on Tue, 09/26/2006 - 16:21.
The International Association of IT Asset Managers (IAITAM) is holding their annual conference in Cleveland, October 18-20, which is a major win for the city! I've hosted several IT conferences in Cleveland and am always pleased by the response of participants to the Cleveland location... always positive. So I was interested to see how an international conference sells Cleveland to its members... and I think we as a community should update and expand the list of assets they are promoting. Read through the following, and add comments of what you think may make these conventioneers happy while they are in town...
Are You Ready to ROCK YOUR ASSETS in Cleveland?
4TH Annual IAITAM Conference and Exhibit - October 18th – 20th, 2006 - Renaissance Hotel in Cleveland, Ohio
22 reasons to join your peers in Cleveland
- 2006 Annual IAITAM CONFERENCE and EXHIBIT-
- Cleveland – The best kept secret in the IT industry
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & Museum
- Digital Cleveland - One of thirteen international cities selected to participate in Intel's pilot initiative, "Digital Communities"
- Great Weather – Well, at least in October
- Major League Sports - Cleveland is home to three major league sports teams, including the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Cleveland Browns and the Cleveland Indians.
- The Cleveland Orchestra - Ranked one of the top three orchestras in the world along with the orchestras of Berlin and Vienna
- Cleveland is home to the largest concentration anywhere in the world of medical institutions in one square mile.
- Theater - Cleveland is home to the second largest theater district and performing arts center in North America
- Tower City - Shopping, Shopping, and more Shopping
- Public Square – Yes, more shopping
- Lolly the Trolley – Take a historical tour of Cleveland. It may surprise you
- Golf - The Cleveland area has over 300 public golf courses, ranking as a top five golf market in the United States
- The Lake Front - A great place to ride a bike, take a walk or test your roller blades
- The Flats – Network and indulge in one of the cities oldest bar and nightclub districts, but not too much
- The Warehouse District – Boasting some of the best restaurants and bars in the city, something is always going on in this area known for its scrumptious food, and good times
- Sushi Rock - Maybe the best sushi restaurant in the Eastern United States.
- The Great Lakes Science Museum – Great fun whether you are 8 or 80.
- Museum of Contemporary Art - Very cool and edgy stuff. A must see and totally unique
- Little Italy - You can eat, drink, hear and purchase enough Italian culture to make you think you visited Milan, Tuscany and the whole booted peninsula
- The Shoreline - Cleveland is home to approximately 100 miles of freshwater shoreline – more than any other U.S. city – and supports one of the largest freshwater lakes in the country.
- Open Air Markets - Cleveland is home to many open-air markets including the huge, year-round West Side Market.
© 2006 International Association of IT Asset Managers, Inc. www.iaitam.org 1.866.9IAITAM (I.866.942.4826)