I am posting this here to gauge the possible shift in attitude that has occurred towards immigrants in NEO--please add a child page with any positive updates:
Fri, Jan 13, 2012 09:25 AM
Global Cleveland Welcomes Staff
Global Cleveland is now fully staffed! President Larry Miller officially
came on board in October, and this week, we welcomed:
* Andrea Castrovillari, who joins Global Cleveland as chief development
* Elizabeth Hijar, a consultant who will work on programming to attract
* Jim Kuhn, a consultant who will work on programming for job seekers
* Joel Matos, guest services coordinator, who will staff the Welcome
Hub’s front desk
* Meran Rogers, who will work as Global Cleveland’s director of
2. %20andrea [at] globalcleveland [dot] org
3. %20elizabeth [at] globalcleveland [dot] org
4. %20jk [at] kuhnglobaltalent [dot] com
5. %20joel [at] globalcleveland [dot] org
6. %20meran [at] globalcleveland [dot] org
These new staffers join our existing consultants who have transitioned into
* Lauren Sable Freiman, director of marketing
* Beth Gantz, welcome hub manager
* Roya Ismail-Beigi Shirazi, program director
7. %20lauren [at] globalcleveland [dot] org
8. %20beth [at] globalcleveland [dot] org
9. %20roya [at] globalcleveland [dot] org
Feel free to contact Global Cleveland’s staff via email or by calling (216)
Tweeting for CLE
Last week, we started a new hashtag on Twitter - #tweetforCLE. Then, we
encouraged the tweet-o-sphere to send one pro-Cleveland tweet each week.
The trend is catching on! Our followers have sent countless tweets singing
the praises of this city. Here are some examples of the tweets:
* Cleveland has an entrepreneurial spirit that can't be beat. If you have
a small business idea, this city opens its arms to it. #tweetforCLE
* #tweetforCLE is the most positive thing I have seen for our City in
* CLE has amazing diehard sports fans who always support their (sometimes
awful) teams. I'm happy to be one of them. #HappyinCLE #tweetforCLE
* I spent 3 years in SC and came home to an amazing food scene, great
parks, cheap housing and no rattlesnakes! #tweetforCLE
* I will #tweetforCLE bc I love my city, the ppl, the parks, the food,
the history & love!!! #HappyInCLE
10. http://globalcleveland.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5b8954d4b0b860300ed11e164&id=7117c71bcf&e=164ba77050 
11. http://globalcleveland.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5b8954d4b0b860300ed11e164&id=b5d142f15a&e=164ba77050 
12. http://globalcleveland.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=5b8954d4b0b860300ed11e164&id=90b39d2c36&e=164ba77050 
13. http://globalcleveland.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=5b8954d4b0b860300ed11e164&id=91b57abf37&e=164ba77050 
14. http://globalcleveland.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=5b8954d4b0b860300ed11e164&id=4df39f28e9&e=164ba77050 
You can tweet for CLE too! Just tweet about why CLE is a great place to
work, live and play. Use the hashtag #tweetforCLE in your tweet, and pass
the news along to your network.
Opportunity for Newcomers & Boomerangers
Are you a newcomer or a boomeranger? If so, we have an opportunity for you!
CWRU’s Master of Positive Organization Development and Change program is
conducting appreciative inquiry interviews on behalf of Global Cleveland.
They’re looking for information about the experience of coming to Cleveland
as a boomeranger or a newcomer.
15. http://globalcleveland.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=5b8954d4b0b860300ed11e164&id=88221dfd7a&e=164ba77050 
Small group interviews will be scheduled in one-hour increments on January
26 between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
To participate, email your contact information to
joel [at] globalcleveland [dot] org.
16. %20joel [at] globalcleveland [dot] org
Request for Expats
Several companies that specialize in cross-cultural training programs for
people relocating internationally have reached out to Global Cleveland for
help in locating expats from a variety of countries.
These companies tell us that they’ve found it very helpful for their clients
to hear from expats currently living in Cleveland who can speak about daily
life and getting settled in a new city and country.
We are in the process of building a database of expats living in Cleveland.
If you’d like to be included – and possibly contacted for your help in
orienting a newcomer to Cleveland – please send your name, contact
information and your country of origin to lauren [at] globalcleveland [dot] org.
Global Cleveland has been making headlines.
Check out the latest news coverage.
17. %20lauren [at] globalcleveland [dot] org
18. http://globalcleveland.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5b8954d4b0b860300ed11e164&id=67f02c3096&e=164ba77050 
_Tweet For CLE_
Join us on Twitter as we Tweet for CLE! Our goal is to spread some Cleveland
love, and we're asking our Twitter followers to send one pro-Cleveland tweet
each week, celebrating something unique, wonderful or exciting about this
great city. We all know what Cleveland has to offer - now tell everyone you
know! Be sure to use the hashtag TweetforCLE!
_Copyright © 2012 Global Cleveland, All rights reserved._
You are receiving this email because you opted in to Global Cleveland's e-newsletter.
_Our mailing address is:_
200 Public Square, Suite 150
Cleveland, OH 44114
I am posting this here to see how successful the effort to attract immigrants to NEO will be now that there is a shift in attitude: