Office of Citizen
Rest in Peace,
TWDC RECEIVES $114,880 FROM STEELYARD COMMONS TIF FUND
Submitted by jerleen1 on Fri, 09/23/2011 - 13:13.
Steelyard Commons TIF Fund
September 12, 2011
Tremont West Development Corporation is allocated $114,880 from the
Steelyard Commons TIF Fund. Eligible projects include: marketing and
promotion; capital items; neighborhood small and start up businesses;
neighborhood arts projects; streetscape;industrial sites, land acquisition to
support the Towpath Trail.
The following project ideas have been proposed:
1. Gateway and directional signage $40,000
* Replicate West 7th Street gateway signage throughout the neighborhood.
Install in key locations. 10 signs @ $3000 each.
* Design and install directional signage, i.e. to parking areas, valet areas,
3. Security cameras $20,000
* Two City of Cleveland cameras @ $10,000 each.
4. Graffiti abatement $5,000
* Maintain supplies for neighborhood wide graffiti abatement and clean ups.
5. Tremont Holiday Brewhaha $3,000
* Add festive elements to the December ArtWalks, including trolley service.
Organize a family holiday party on Saturday, December 10th.
6. Tremont Holiday Lighting $9,000
* Add an additional 14 holiday pole light fixtures.
7. Snow removal $3,000
* Manage a snow removal plan for business districts in the Tremont
neighborhood. This will serve as an example of the benefits of a BID
8. Neighborhood Wide Valet Program $5,000
* Create a marketing plans and marketing materials for the neighborhood
wide valet program.
9. Roundabout $8,000
* Remove plant material, add soil and knockout roses. Tremont Gardeners
10. Neighborhood flags TBD
* TWDC and Residents and businesses can split the purchase of a
11. Camera rebate program $5,000*
* Rebate program for neighborhood stakeholders.
12. New business start up fund $15,000*
* Create a fund for new businesses to open in Tremont.
*Eligibility has not yet been approved through City of Cleveland.
( categories: )