Office of Citizen
Rest in Peace,
Cleveland Bicycle Week, May 11-17
Submitted by Kevin Cronin on Tue, 05/05/2009 - 09:45.
JOIN US FOR CLEVELAND BICYCLE WEEK -- MAY 11-17, 2009. We've got all sorts of interesting events planned! Visit www.clevelandbicycleweek.org for full details, but here are some highlight events:
* Cleveland Bike to Work Day, May 15th. Park at the future Bicycle Station at Gateway and see the latest drawings (East 4th Street and High Street, just north of Huron Road). Bike to Work brought to you about NOACA, visit the Bike Buddy program at: www.Ohiorideshare.com
* Bike Tours to explore new neighborhoods, like Slavic Village, and arts and historic sites, including downtown arts and architecture, League Park and more.
* Bike to the Movies, at Cinematheque, Cleveland Institute of Art, presents The Triplets of Belleville, a 2003 French animation by Sylvain Chomet. This zany, charming animated feature is one of the most acclaimed movies of the past few years. It tells a wild and bizarre story in a quaint/quirky/retro graphic style: a cyclist kidnapped during the Tour de France and taken to a sinister metropolis is rescued by three elderly, eccentric French women who used to be music-hall stars in the 1930s, with a great original jazz score. Show Times May 15 (Fri) - 7:30PM; May 16 (Sat) - 9:30PM
* Bicycle Forum on May 14 from 4:00-7:00 pm, Cleveland Public Library, Main Branch, Stokes Auditorium. We are bringing insightful and experienced speakers from around the nation to share their thoughts on growing and supporting the cycling community. Speakers: Rob Sadowsky, Executive Director, Active Transportation Alliance (Chicago); Rhonda Border-Boose, Midwest Director, Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (Columbus, Ohio); and Representatives from the City of Cleveland. The event is free to the public.
* Cleveland Bicycle Week Celebration, after work on East 4th Street, Friday May 15th.
* Learn new skills or sharpen old ones on bike riding, repair and other educational activities.
For more information on Cleveland Bicycle Week, or learn about added events, visit the official website : www.clevelandbicycleweek.org
Ride and Enjoy!!