1. About the Inventor: Carl Palmer, President, CEO and Chairman of the Board has earned international recognition as one of the pioneers and leading experts in the field of water purification and filtration. As an entrepreneur for over 45 years, Mr. Palmer has led the field in developing new water treatment technologies in reverse osmosis, membrane development, ultra filtration and portable water purification and filtration. He was the pioneer developer of home and office Reverse Osmosis (RO) systems in the US in the early 1970's. He has sold companies he established to Coca-Cola (L.A.), Shaklee, AMF and Cuno.
2. The need for radiological filters: People around the world are more concerned than ever about contamination from fallout after a nuclear catastrophe such as what recently occurred in Fukushima, Japan. With ground water contaminated by nuclear elements, the availability of safe drinking water is of primary concern. This concern is now compounded by the fact that 18 countries around the world have 436 nuclear reactors; any number of which could experience a melt-down like Fukushima. A filter system in portable products that could provide safe drinking water under these circumstances could be of great value to people all over the world.
3. The filter technology: IAMF (Ionic Adsorption Micron Technology) is an advanced technology that has been developed, refined, and proven through extensive field and laboratory testing. Over the last 16 years, there have been in excess of over four million filters using this process in products placed all over the world. It is ideal for those facing the potential problems of nuclear contamination.
The basic design was to produce a filter that had the ability to reduce and remove up to 99.9999% of the five basic pollutants and contaminants that cause various diseases and death throughout the world. The five basic zones of contamination are:
- Aesthetic (Chlorine, taste and odor),
- Biological (Pathogens),
- Chemicals (from Industry and Agriculture),
- Dissolved Solids (heavy metals such as lead, mercury, Chromium 6) and
- 100% of Radiological Contaminants (Gross Beta, Radon 222, Radium 226, Plutonium, Uranium, Strontium, Cesium 137 and Radioactive Iodine 131)
The filter is designed with a hard shell that is formed to exact or 2 micron absolute porosity. The filter is impregnated with various proprietary media that have the ability to remove, absorb, adsorb, chemically bond and chelate different contaminants as they pass through the tortuous path designed in the filter.
The basic media in the filter is a proprietary powder activated coconut carbon that has a surface phenomenon that causes a molecular attraction of substances to the surface of the filter. The rate or volume of adsorption or removal of toxic chemicals, radioactive contaminates and heavy metals is caused by the specific volume of medias used, their quality, and the flow rate of water passing through the filter.
The filter incorporates an extremely high-tech porous micro-filter system containing thousands of interconnected omni-directional pores resulting in a "torturous path" that cannot be duplicated, causing a tight maze for the water to travel through so that the water cannot channel, and giving the filter a uniform porosity and water flow. It is engineered from various polymers with controlled pore size. It acts as both a surface and depth filter with medias that are anti-bacterial. This design gives the filter a combination of filtering and structural strength.
The materials in the filter are FDA food grade approved, and the filter itself is manufactured under ISO 9000 standards. It has an indefinite shelf life.
4. Testing: The new filter was extensively tested in May, 2011 by an independent government approved and accredited US National Environmental Laboratory qualified under the National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP).
Carl W. Palmer
President and CEO
Seychelle Environmental Technologies, Inc.