Office of Citizen
Rest in Peace,
Project Genesis : Garden of Eden II
Submitted by Sudhir Kade on Mon, 02/05/2007 - 09:57.
The Genesis Project : Creating a New Garden of Eden Inside the Earth
Sudhir Kade Raghupathy
Creator and Futurist
Why not think outside the box, and envision a brave new world - built within the periphery-core of the existent one. A Middle Earth - Nirvana, Elysium, Valhalla rolled into one. My name is Sudhir Kade, and being of (relatively) sound mind, body and spirit I suggest the Next Great Thing - a futuristic piece of idealism i'd like to consider pragmatic futuristic. Let's journey through the Mind's eye and amalgamate the greatest technologies developed by man toward true sustainability - the holistic integration of said technology to create a revolutionary new whole. And on this journey, enjoy the riddling rhythms and unconventional writing style of a mind expanded. Think Outside the Box!
Is it really so farfetched? Man has dug for longer than we care to remember - and today - Feb 3, 2007 - I recommend that we build a better mousetrap - a bombproof, disease-free, green garden fashioned as a labyrinth far below the earth's crust and far above, of course, its liquid core. Let's consider the many possibilities and advantages that open up should we construct the greenest ecosystem ever imagined and blend it with the finest technology (of vegetation to feed starving masses, to quell overcrowding fears, and climate-control these underground Gardens to produce optimal growth and nourishment of the eco-system we construct and follow the tried-and-true-tenets of biomimicry. Let's Learn from Nature - the bats, the birds, the bees..)
As a high level concept it wouldn't be a completely novel idea - we have dug below us for eons. However the Vision I propose is of a New Garden of Eden, built deep below the city of Cleveland (then built across the globe, within) to ensure its perpetual role as the greatest city on earth. The world's greatest metropolis in the making. Starting with a Dig like none other. You dig?
Maximize growing efficiencies and revenue opportunity by coiling the tunnels like a snake or spring = end world hunger in a smaller space! Fiber optics bring the Sun below.
Perhaps high-value growths would be tapped to launch the revolutionary vision and financially support the most expensive undertaking ever Created by mankind. Shittake shrooms, saffron, silk, exotic orchids, rare herbs... climate conditioned organic perfections.
2. The lava-lattice of lava-beams connecting volcanoes on the globe's surface should be considered carefully (its HOT) to maximize the leveraging of geothermal energy sources - the sources should magnify in their contributive potential as we near the beams and traverse them optimally - mitigate digging cost with resource finds and geothermal power.
3. Carefully consider fault lines and seismic activity when digging and kill two birds with one stone by doing so. Perhaps generate eco-positive outcomes geologically as a result.
4. As we continue digging the thrill of un-expected discovery will permeate our minds, bodies, and souls , driving us to dig, explore, and discover new treasures along the way.
5. Water streams and pools will be optimally positioned below glacial formations and such. Waterfalls down below to beautify, cleanse and hydrate.
6. Dig down untiil you dig through rock. Dig across til you dig to water. And continue across via sustainably-powered super-speedy vehicle- magnetic poles, vacuum tube, gyroscope, or pressure-packer - opportunities abound to cross continent to continent faster and more energy-efficiently than ever before.
7. What roles do geysers play in the equation? What oil banks or resource banks should we tap to mitigate undermining influences as we map this out prior via MRI of our planet?
8. What should we grow down there and pool for our oasis-like visions of milk and honey. A new world order will form around this brave new world down under. many would pay much to gain access. But should we even charge - the vision needs to be sustainable and practically implement-able. How do we get there?
9. Howard Hughes eat your heart out. The next great Aviator will fly downward and across and zigzag prolifically toward the creation of a masterpiece-maze, a labyrinth unmatched.
10. Gravity works in our favor over time, does it not? Engineers and Scientists of the world, Unite! Magnets, Geothermal, Gyroscopics... Oh my!
Points to Ponder
How much acreage do we gain by growing in 3D (Wall-to-wall carpeting of the entire inner-tube maximizes growth potentials and outcomes drastically!)
Follow the Ants and learn from our microscopic counterparts
Let the growths make an art statement - public art unlike any other, an ecologically elegant economy. Beautiful agrarian efficiencies and aesthetics.
Shoot across the oceans - supersonic speeds portal to portal, continent to continent - new underwater discoveries rival those of underland and Atlantis is rediscovered.. Dream!
Inculcate the ultimate waste=food solution and power efforts with feces-derived ethanol derived from human and animal waste. Eat shite and flourish, people and machines alike! Don't forget (slightly) more conventional carbon-based sources - corn, cellulose, and creative new crops (weepy willows, sunflowers, hemp, switchgrass - all contibutors to a Shangri-La Landscape that generates more fuel along with the species-waste fertilizing the grove and feeding our machines - grow these 'Living Landscape Art Statements' up top or Down Under.
Human Behavior and Pattern reformation
1. Unlike Ten commandments earlier, we shall have only one - Love
2. First-movers should be smart, stylish, sexy and socially-conscious - servant leaders of the globe , get your comeuppance!
3. Can we sufficiently temper our egos and put the path aside to live as nature intended? What was that intention? What will be our purpose? How shall we successfully transcend self embeddedness?
4. Orientation and training for the New World and the chosen few that lead the way. Selective hiring, synergistic collectivism blended with individual excellence, trust and safety.
5. All is One. Live Long and Prosper. Love and Serve and Love again - perpetually permeating proactive and perserverent passion
6. Communal Communities Collaborating Cohesively and Synergistically in Peaceful Blissful Ecstatic Collectives - all alliteration aside, we need to do this right!
Peace. And no, you can't have some of what I've got- You've got it already.
Believe nothing is impossible and you will envision the greatest feats yet unaccomplished.
More to come - book page upon book page. The Aquaponic movement is ready to roll.